About Future Super
At Future Super, we're changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don’t harm the planet, and instead directing those investments into companies and projects that make the world better, we’re proving to our industry that it can be a force for good.
We encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, etc. (LGBTI+) people. Seriously. The problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table the better our solutions become.
About the team
We’re here to make sure our members have a future that is worth retiring into. That’s not going to happen if we stick with the status quo, so we’ve set ourselves ambitious targets for driving action on the climate crisis and inequality by leveraging our power as an investor to direct capital and influence our sector.
To help us deliver on those targets we’re looking for someone to join our Impact team as an Account Coordinator. In this role you will work closely with our partners and clients to help ensure we’re delivering on our shared priorities.
On any given day you will be: learning about the priorities of different members and investors, building a close relationship with our partners so we can anticipate their needs, supporting with sales and ensuring the smooth flow of reporting and information between teams.
Our team is small, has a flat, collaborative and flexible structure, and we work in fortnightly sprints. We’ve adapted to work-during-COVID with an output-focussed approach to work (it matters more that you do what you’re meant to, not that you spend enough time sitting in front of a computer).
We’re looking for someone who:
- Cares about making the world a better place for everyone;
- Gets a lot of energy out of building strong connections with different people;
- Is great at responding quickly and completely to requests from different stakeholders and tailoring that service to the recipient;
- Enjoys getting your hands dirty and pitching in with operational projects so that you build a deep understanding of what we do and why it matters;
- Likes crafting clear communication, using both words and charts;
- Has a good understanding of the finance sector and investing;
- Takes delivering on deadlines seriously: staying mindful of prioritisation and innovating on processes when appropriate;
- Knows the buzz of making excel do what you want it to;
- Is curious about the world and enjoys learning at least a little bit about a lot of things;
- Collaborates well in a team environment, can manage your own time, deliver on your priorities and enjoys variety in your day.
Skills and requirements
You will thrive in this role if your passion, strengths, and approach to work are aligned with the description above. Other useful skills and experience include:
- Experience with sales or relationship management /coordination (extra points if its within financial services);
- Confident with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word), online databases, workflow tools, and the Google suite of products;
- Familiarity with (or an interest in) impact and/or ethical investing, ETFs, financial services, or superannuation would be a feather in your cap.
You'll love working here with
- A close-knit team that prioritises integrity, self-development and fun at work;
- Heaps of flexibility to fit work into your life (not your life around our work) and the opportunity to work with your manager to define what that looks like for you now and in the future;
- 14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks (if/when you’re in the office) and membership to Bicycle NSW as part of our sustainable transport policy
- Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely (this used to be a more differentiating dot-point but is still true)
Applications close 11:59pm Sunday, 22 November 2020