Closes 9 Feb 2022
$72,000 - $82,000 + super
Our team is located in NSW and QLD, we are open to candidates from anywhere in Australia
About Future Super
At Future Super, we believe in a future free from climate change and inequality. So, we’re changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don’t harm the planet, we’re showing the power super has to change the world!
We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, etc. (LGBTI+) people. The problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table, the better our solutions become.
About the team
We are looking for someone to join our passionate team as a Finance Officer. You will be joining the Finance Team which is built on an idea-friendly organisational culture, where we strive to keep ahead of the curve.
As a member of the team, you will be working closely with leadership, exposed to key decisions being made in real time and brought in to solve complex problems. You can count on being intellectually energised, learning and development opportunities, and being supported to tackle the challenges we face every day. We like being the change we want to see.
A bit about the role
As our Finance Officer, you will be the eyes and ears of the Finance Team working closely across the entire Future Super Group to ensure that our accounts are in order. You will keep the company’s day-to-day transactional financial activities in check, establishing best practice processes, and partnering with the rest of the business to help us grow.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will work closely with our internal accountant across key monthly reconciliations and look for new ways to tighten up our reporting and finance processes across the business.
This role will offer you the chance to improve and build on the systems in place. We want you to bring us solutions that we haven’t considered and be eager to dive into the Future Super way of doing things to provide all our functions with better financial insights. There is a huge amount of potential for this role to contribute to lasting change and process improvement across the accounting function and business wide.
If you have worked here this past month, here are some of things you might have been involved in:
- Managing the general ledger and bank reconciliations including overseeing the monthly balance sheet, banking and intercompany reconciliations;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports covering balance sheet, profit and loss, internal management reports and cash flow statements;
- Working across the business to ensure every finance process (think expense claims or accounts payable) are efficient, repeatable, auditable, and understood by all Future Super staff;
- Drafting payroll for the entire Future Super Group by working closely with our wonderful People team;
- Drafting of GST, FBT, and Payroll Tax returns each month;
- Owning financial process improvement and systems enhancement initiatives;
- Continuously improving internal financial controls with Future Super to ensure compliance with our internal policies; and
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting.
Skills and requirements
- You are a numbers geek and not ashamed of it. You currently are, or have a past life, working in an accounting firm or fast moving business as finance officer, bookkeeper or accountant.
- You keep things running like a machine.
- While there might be parts of this role that you will not have had experience with before, you’ll be hungry to jump in and learn the tools as you go.
- You love to collaborate, but you also understand the importance of autonomous work.
- Experience with Xero helps, though it is not essential.
- You can reconcile differences between the books and sources of truth, and take action to resolve those differences in a timely manner.
- You love getting to the bottom of any and all variances in reports.
- You own your tasks,and can thoroughly self review your work.
- You are extremely detail-oriented.
- You are proficient with Excel and data analysis generally.
You’ll love working here with:
A purpose-driven team that prioritises integrity, self-development and fun at work
Heaps of flexibility to fit work into your life (not your life around our work) and the opportunity to work with your manager to define what that looks like for you now and in the future;
Team lunches, drinks and company-wide events
14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks (if/when you’re in the office) and membership to Bicycle NSW as part of our sustainable transport policy
Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely (this used to be a more differentiating dot-point, but it’s still true!)
The application will require answering short questions so give yourself time to complete it. Once started, you can save and return to your application before submitting.
We use Applied as our de-identified recruitment platform, helping us reduce the risk of unconscious bias in our hiring process. If you are curious to know more about how it works, check out this blog post.
Questions? Please reach out to Khi, HR Coordinator, at email@example.com