About the role
At Future Super, we believe in a future free from climate change and inequality. We are looking for someone to join our passionate team as Head of Risk and Compliance, a pivotal role in our growing business. In the role you will be responsible for building out and leading the Risk and Compliance function, presenting a unique opportunity for the right candidate. We are looking for someone with a strong background in risk and compliance, with a focus on management and communication skills.
The Head of Risk and Compliance reports into the Chief Financial Officer.
- Lead the Risk and Compliance Function within a fast-growing financial services company
- Improve on the organisation’s risk management framework and control procedures, instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Help drive the roll-out and use of our risk and compliance software
- Identify, measure, assess, control, monitor and report on company risks, in line with established procedures
- Monitor and analyse industry trends in identifying, mitigating and monitoring risks
- Prepare and deliver a quarterly Risk Report to the Future Super Board
- Build and deliver risk identification and management training and education programs to staff to promote risk management knowledge
- Work closely with the Risk and Compliance Manager to deliver compliance oversight to the rest of the business - including assisting with marketing material reviews, member servicing compliance reviews, and policy and procedure reviews, as well as enable the internal audit function
- Work closely with the CFO to enhance and embed the company’s corporate governance framework
- Work cross-functionally across a broad range of teams to enhance and embed a risk and compliance culture
Skills and Experience
You will thrive in this role if your passion, strengths, and approach to work are aligned with the description above. Other useful skills and experience include:
- 5+ years’ risk management experience within financial services. Significant previous experience within a regulatory environment.
- Stakeholder management experience in dealing with service providers, licensees and regulators, whilst representing the company's interests and agenda.
- Analytical mind and excellent problem-solving skills, able to interpret complex regulatory policy and establish solutions for its implementation and fast adoption.
- Team player who is willing to share knowledge and experience both within the risk and compliance team and across the broader company.
You'll love working here with:
- Team lunches, drinks and company-wide events
- 14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities
- A continuous supply of healthy office snacks
- Membership to Bicycle NSW as part of our sustainable transport policy
Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people. Seriously. The problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table the better our solutions become.