Closes 28 Apr 2022
$63,000 - $68,000 + 11% super
Our team is mainly based in Sydney, we are open to candidates from anywhere in Australia
About Future Super
At Future Super, we’re making money moves and changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don’t harm the planet, we’re showing the power super has to change the world!
About the role
We’re looking for a HR Coordinator to join our purpose-driven and fast growing team. Running a sustainable business is at the core of who we are as an organisation. Our team is motivated by making Future Super the best place to work for everyone. We are relentless in our pursuit of creating a delightful and seamless employee experience, where our people are engaged, valued and supported.
We genuinely care about our people and the planet - and we need someone who is on the same wavelength as us. You will be working with a small, collaborative and productive team who really enjoy their job and working with each other.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, people with caring responsibilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual (LGBTQIA+) people. Seriously, the problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table, the better our solutions become.
You’ll love this job if:
- You find the corporate world tiring and frustrating, if you had the chance to revolutionise the industry to be better for people and the planet, you would
- You thrive in a fast-moving and fluid environment where no two days are the same. You’re a chameleon - not only do you adapt to change but you find change exciting
- You don’t get tired of being called a “people person” because that’s who you are. You get a kick out of interacting with different people on a day to day basis
- You’re comfortable in highly ambiguous situations and get a thrill out of finding scalable solutions and processes that will improve on how we operate
- You love brainstorming ideas and problem solving. You’re not shy to make recommendations and you’re always on the lookout for ways in which we can improve
- You are a diversity and inclusion champion. You uphold the principles of diversity and inclusion in every aspect of your work
- You care about making the world a better place! You want to use your skills and your time to drive climate action and equality
We’re looking for someone who:
- Believes in Future Super’s mission and has a passion for moving Australia’s money out of fossil-fuels and into renewable energy
- Has awesome written and verbal communication skills. They find corporate jargon boring and they’re keen to adapt a tone of voice that our team and potential employees will vibe with
- Is people-centric through and through. They understand the importance of demonstrating sensitivity and confidentiality to ensure that our team is seen as trusted and valued within our organisation
- Is super-organised and can juggle lots of different tasks (both big and small) at the same time
- Takes pride in everything they do - they don’t do things half-baked but they recognise when they’ve devoted enough time to something and don’t get hung up on tweaking work to get it absolutely perfect, at the expense of getting through the rest of their to-do list. They put time and effort into their work but value progress over perfection
- Likes to have fun! Bringing our whole selves to work is integral to the team. We want to work with someone who likes to collaborate in an open and trusting environment
- Strikes the balance of working individually and autonomously with working in and alongside other people. They should be comfortable being part of a team or driving end-to-end projects - whatever the job calls for, really!
- Is progressive, open-minded and passionate about making Future Super the best place to work for everyone
As the HR Coordinator you will:
- Facilitate end-to-end recruitment, onboarding and offboarding
- Maintain employee records, generating contracts and other HR paperwork as needed
- Support our performance review process
- Assist with our remuneration review process
- Administer and report on our quarterly engagement surveys
- Be the first point of contact for leave and pay-related questions as well as any queries from prospective employees
- Assist with payroll
- Maintain all our people-related policies
- Ensure Workplace Health and Safety considerations and compliance needs are met
- Plan fun virtual and in-real-life social activities for the team
- Provide updates to the broader team about all things people and HR
- Work closely with the HR Advisor
- Assist with office administration/business operations tasks
- Other project-related work as required
Don’t tick all the boxes? That’s okay, we like thinking outside the box. We value skills, passion and who you are over what you’ve done or where you’ve studied. So if this job resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
You’ll love working here with:
- A purpose-driven organisation, spending your days working on making this world a better place! The more we grow, the bigger the impact we are making on climate change and inequality
- A proud B Corp organisation that cares about what how it behaves inside and out
- Team lunches, drinks and company-wide events
- 14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks (if/when you’re in the office) and membership to Bicycle NSW (or your State’s equivalent) as part of our sustainable transport policy
- Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely (this used to be a more differentiating dot-point, but it’s still true!)
The application will require answering short questions so give yourself time to complete it. Once started, you can save and return to your application before submitting.
We use Applied as our de-identified recruitment platform, helping us reduce the risk of unconscious bias in our hiring process. If you are curious to know more about how it works, check out this blog post.
Questions? Please reach out to Khi, HR Advisor, at email@example.com.Apply →