- $165,000 – $175,000 + super
- 15th of February, 2021
About Future Super
At Future Super, we're changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don't harm the planet, and instead directing those investments into companies and projects that make the world better, we're proving to our industry that doing good can effect meaningful change in so many ways.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, etc. (LGBTI+) people. Seriously. The problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table the better our solutions become.
About this role
We are looking for someone to join our passionate team as the Senior Investment Risk Manager, a Line 2 risk management oversight role that is part of Future Super's Risk function, reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance. In this role you will independently perform risk analysis across Future Super's investment portfolios and measure, monitor and report all elements of investment risk and returns with reference to Future Super's investment governance framework. In this role, you will also independently monitor the investment team's adherence to governance, risk management and compliance obligations.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic about establishing close relationships with all investment team members and the Chair of the Investment Committee, as we see this as being critical to the success of this role.
- Maintain and drive the Investment Governance Framework and associated policies, procedures and documentation. This includes working with Future Super's internal risk management system (Folio);
- Ensure the Investment Governance Framework remains up to date with APRA guidelines and market practice;
- Produce periodic risk reporting on investment risks (including compiling reports and providing analysis and commentary on performance and risk attribution, compliance breach reporting, liquidity analysis);
- Support the Chair of the Investment Committee through the provision of risk analysis and commentary separate to the investment management team; attending Investment Committee meetings;
- Monitor whether the investment management team's investment decisions are made in compliance with the Investment Governance Framework, Investment Strategy (incorporating the Investment Policy Statement), disclosure documents and Investment Management Agreements;
- Constructively challenge the investment management team on assumptions, calculations and proposals they put forward;
- Coordinate the annual stress testing and performance objectives of the Funds;
- Monitor the investment management team's approach to ensuring all investments are valued as accurately as possible, and that these valuations are reflected in the unit price;
- Monitor whether the Impact Team's work is in compliance with PDS, the Screening and Impact Framework and the Investment Strategy;
- Coordinate with internal audit, the assurance program of compliance and effectiveness of controls, including unit pricing across each investment option.
Skills and experience
You will thrive in this role if your passion, strengths, and approach to work are aligned with the description above. Other useful skills and experience include:
- Values-aligned, someone who cares about making the world a better place for everyone;
- Someone with a lot of integrity, who is committed to ethical decision making;
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to operate at both tactical and strategic levels;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence;
- Strong organisational skills, takes delivering on deadlines and sticking to schedules seriously;
- Stakeholder management skills, gets lots of energy out of building strong working relationships and collaborates well in a team environment;
- 5+ years experience in asset management consulting or related;
- Tertiary qualifications in mathematics based degrees such as econometrics or finance.
You'll love working here with
- A purpose-oriented organisation, spend your days working on making this world a better place! The more we grow, the bigger the impact we are making on climate change and inequality.
- A close-knit team that embraces learning, openness and transparency - focusing on delivering quality outcomes and enabling the company vision.
- Heaps of flexibility to fit work into your life (not your life around our work) and the opportunity to work with your manager to define what that looks like for you now and in the future.
- 14 weeks' paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks (if/when you're in the office) and membership to Bicycle NSW as part of our sustainable transport policy.
- Future Super is an equal opportunity employer -- we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely (this used to be a more differentiating dot-point but it is still true!)
- $165,000 – $175,000 + super
- 15th of February, 2021