About Future Super
At Future Super, we’re making [sh]it happen and changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don’t harm the planet, we’re showing the power super has to change the world.
With ambitious targets and a passionate membership base, we’re on the hunt for a Social Media Producer to be the voice of Future Super on social digital platforms.
We strongly encourage applications from First Nations peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, etc. (LGBTI+) people. Seriously, the problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table, the better our solutions become.
You’ll love this job if:
- Social media is your place of community. You are constantly finding to new ways to learn from others and gather like-minded people on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and TikTok
- You have an aptitude for telling stories about climate change and trying things out as a means to learn, you’re not that risk adverse or hurt when something doesn’t work, constantly learning fuels your fire
- You find superannuation opaque and frustrating, if you had the chance to revolutionize the industry to be better for people, you would
- You love talking, working within a team and moving quickly. You get bored easily and constantly want to push what’s possible
- You love to have varied conversations on socials but can also see when someone’s getting on their high horse for no reason so don’t need to reply
We’re looking for someone who:
- Holds a distinctive written voice that reflects what’s culturally relevant and knows how to create content in real-time - comment on moments or create moments and engage in conversations across all our platforms
- Loves telling stories and creating work that move people emotionally (a dislike for traditional corporate marketing and communication is a must)
- Is skilled and experienced in managing multiple social media accounts and developing social media strategies
- Creative and culturally in tune - you know what’s trending, you know how to use a trend and create content around it, or know how to own a cultural moment and amplify it through our channels
- Can’t stop, won’t stop sharing ideas, no matter how unhinged they might seem and no matter how many don’t make the cut. You are curious to explore all the ways an idea can come to life and eagerness to learn by doing
- Values progress over perfection. We work quickly and we need someone who can thrive in a fast paced environment and produce content in a timely manner
- Resilient - dust yo’self off and try again - willing to try something new and if it doesn’t work, not afraid to keep trying new approaches
- Believes in Future Super’s mission and has a passion for moving Australia’s money out of fossil-fuels and into renewable energy
- Sees what making work and evaluating its effectiveness looks like
- Wants to learn how to be an individual contributor and grow in your craft, and be part of a campaign from start to finish
- Is keen to build their portfolio of work - you’ll walk away having produced a huge body of work; contributed to campaigns and brand moments
- Wants to create work that drives climate action, (get involved!)
- Is looking for career progression into strategy and comms development roles
- Likes being upskilled - we have a training budget, team development, and safe team culture
- Brainstorm ideas for content across TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook Ads and Instagram
- Support the successful delivery of content from ideation to execution across our social channels
- Community manage our social channels - a light hearted human approach is a must
- Understand and engage with insights to drive future creative content ideas
- Communicate your thinking and strategic approach to the marketing team
- Work closely with the Head of Comms and Head of Creative
- Share insights and learnings with the team and business
- Build and evolve the social strategy in play
Don’t tick all the boxes? That’s ok, we like thinking outside the box. We value skills, passion and who you are over experience. So if this job resonates with you, give it a whirl.
You’ll love working here with:
- A purpose-oriented organisation, spending your days working on making this world a better place! The more we grow, the bigger the impact we are making on climate change and inequality
- A team made up of a bunch of individuals who love their craft, take their work seriously but not themselves, and are always down for exploring a curly question (or seven)
- Heaps of flexibility to fit work into your life and the opportunity to define what that looks like for you now and in the future
- Fun team activities and company-wide events
- 14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package. We know juggling both family and work can be a delicate balancing act. We try our best to make sure that work fits into your life, not the other way around.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP), additional leave entitlements, formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks (if/when you’re in the office) and membership to Bicycle NSW as part of our sustainable transport policy
- Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely (this used to be a more differentiating dot-point, but it’s still true!)
The application will require answering short questions so give yourself time to complete it. Once started, you can save and return to your application before submitting.
We use Applied as our de-identified recruitment platform, helping us reduce the risk of unconscious bias in our hiring process. If you are curious to know more about how it works, check out this blog post from our Head of Group Strategy, Veronica!
Questions? Please reach out to Khi, HR Coordinator, at email@example.com.