Closes 1 Sep 2022
$90,000 - $160,000 + super (depending on skills/ experience)
Our team is mainly based in Sydney, we're open to candidates from anywhere in Australia
About Future Super
At Future Super, we’re making money moves and changing the way super is done. By giving people a chance to invest their life savings in companies that don’t harm the planet, we’re showing the power super has to change the world!
We are looking for software engineers to join our mission focused high-growth startup to continue to grow and support our technology platform to serve and engage with our members. While most superannuation companies chose very low engagement with their members, we believe that engaging with our members through technology will result in better outcomes for them personally and for our planet!
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, mature age workers, people with caring responsibilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual (LGBTQIA+) people. Seriously, the problems we face are complex and the more diversity of experiences we can bring to the table, the better our solutions become.
You’ll love this job if:
- You find superannuation opaque and frustrating, if you had the chance to revolutionise the industry to be better for people, you would
- You’re excited about using technology to deliver an amazing customer experience and make real impacts on people’s lives as well as a positive impact on the climate!
- You get a kick out of applying security and monitoring best practices to our infrastructure, systems and hardware in order to enable visibility and protection for the business
- You enjoy providing and receiving guidance and mentoring to/from your team. In this role, you will continuously improve your own skills and those of your teammates’ through mentoring and feedback
- You love working in an Agile environment and often in cross functional teams to solve complex problems
We’re looking for someone who:
- Believes in Future Super’s mission and has a passion for moving Australia’s money out of fossil-fuels and into renewable energy
- Is a self-starter and enjoys solving problems across a wide range of domains and on all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Has a strong knowledge of web development (full stack, though specialising in a particular area can also be good!). Specifically .Net Core, React, MySql/PostgreSQL
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has experience in AWS or other cloud providers
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience in the superannuation industry
- Knowledge of PHP / Laravel
- Previous development experience
We are building out our tech team and are looking for a range of Software Engineers. We encourage applications from Software Engineers with varying degrees of experience and skill sets and who are keen to make a positive impact on the planet.
Don’t tick all the boxes? That’s okay, we like thinking outside the box. We value skills, passion and who you are over what you’ve done or where you’ve studied. So if this job resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
You’ll love working here with:
- A purpose-driven organisation, spending your days working on making this world a better place! The more we grow, the bigger the impact we are making on climate change and inequality
- A proud B Corp organisation that cares about what how it behaves inside and out
- A passionate team who work hard, support each other and have a lot of fun along the way
- Team lunches, drinks and company-wide events
- 14 weeks’ paid parental leave for all genders and a generous parental superannuation package, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), formal training and development with continuous improvement opportunities, a continuous supply of healthy office snacks (if/when you’re in the office) and membership to Bicycle NSW (or your State’s equivalent) as part of our sustainable transport policy
- Future Super is an equal opportunity employer – we provide flexible working hours, the option to work from home and a laptop you can use to work remotely (this used to be a more differentiating dot-point, but it’s still true!)
The application will require answering short questions so give yourself time to complete it. Once started, you can save and return to your application before submitting.
We use Applied as our de-identified recruitment platform, helping us reduce the risk of unconscious bias in our hiring process. If you are curious to know more about how it works, check out this blog post.
Questions? Please reach out to Khi, HR Advisor, at email@example.com.Apply →