If your spouse is earning a low income or not working, you can choose to pay super contributions on their behalf. If you make a spouse contribution, you may be entitled to a tax offset.

Note - making a spouse contribution is different to contribution splitting.

If you would like to pay a super contribution to your spouse’s Future Super account, simply:

  1. Submit the Personal and Spouse Contribution form. You can provide the form either via email or post (send to GPO Box 2754, Brisbane QLD 4001). This allows our administrators to allocate your payment into your spouse’s Future Super account, as all payments go into the one bank account.
  2. Transfer the money to us using the bank account details provided on the form. Note, we can only accept funds via direct deposit for spouse contributions.

Pro tip: The personal details in section 1 of the Personal and Spouse Contribution form should be for the person making the contribution. The member’s details (receiving spouse) should be provided in section 3.

You can read about claiming the tax offset for spouse contributions on the ATO’s website here, or contact the ATO for more information.

Information provided is of a general nature only and we have not taken your personal financial objectives, situation or needs into account. You should consider whether Future Super’s products are right for your individual objectives and needs and seek personal financial advice. Before investing, please read our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and check our Target Market Determination (TMD).