How to roll over your existing super through MyGov
You can transfer any ATO held super you have, as well as your old super funds via your MyGov account. Here’s how to do it:
- Head to the MyGov and log in.
- Open the Australian Taxation Office page under Your Linked Services (If you haven’t linked your ATO account then you’ll need to do this first).
- Click on the Super tab, select Manage and then select Transfer super.
- A list of your funds including ATO held super with their last reported balances* will show up. Select the accounts you’d like to transfer from and the account you’d like to transfer to (i.e. from ABC super to Future Super)
* There will be an ‘as at’ or ‘effective’ date for the balance shown. In a lot of cases, it will be 30 June of the last financial year as funds are only required to report to the ATO once a year. This means your actual account balance may have changed since it was last reported to the ATO, and may be higher or lower than shown in your MyGove account. Performing a rollover using MyGov will transfer the actual full balance in the account as at the date of rollover request.
Please note that rolling your whole balance over to Future Super will close your other super account and cancel any insurance that you hold through this account.
We’ll take care of the rest! Rollovers from other funds usually takes 3–7 business days to process. However, please note that processing times to roll over ATO held super varies and is subject to the ATO’s timeframes.