Join Future Super

Tell us about yourself

Ready to build a future worth retiring into? Brilliant. Get your tax file number and mobile phone handy. This whole process should only take a few minutes.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

^ By providing your email address, you consent and authorise us to send you communications or information, including information required by law, via email or similar technologies. Your details will never be passed onto a third party other than in accordance with our Privacy Policy. You can elect to receive communications by post at any time by contacting Future Super on 1300 658 422 or via email at or in writing at GPO Box 1858, Sydney, NSW 2001.

Support & FAQs

Superannuation Basics

What is superannuation?

Superannuation is a compulsory government scheme to help you save for retirement. Your employer makes contributions and you can contribute to it yourself if you like. This money is then invested on your behalf by your super fund.

One of the benefits of super is that it is designed to be a tax-effective way to save for your retirement, with contributions and investment earnings in your super fund typically taxed at a lower rate than your normal earnings. Super is saved for your retirement and can be accessed when a condition of release is filled.

Can I choose my super fund?


Most people have the option of choosing their own super fund. All you need to do is provide your employer with the details of your preferred super fund. If you don’t specify a super fund, your employer will likely create an account for you with their default super fund. 

A small number of people are not eligible to choose their super fund, due to Enterprise Agreements with industry funds.

You will need to speak to your employer to find out if this is your situation.


How does super work for temporary residents of Australia?

If you have worked in Australia as a temporary resident and you have permanently left the country, you may be eligible to claim the super benefit you have accumulated while working here, less any tax. The payment is called a Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP). A DASP can be claimed if:

  • You visit Australia on an eligible temporary resident visa; and
  • Your visa ceases to be in effect (it has expired or been cancelled); and
  • You leave Australia.

For more information about DASP, visit the ATO website here.

How to claim my super benefit

If you are a temporary resident and you permanently leave Australia, you have six months to claim your super benefit. If you do not claim it within this time it will be transferred to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as unclaimed money. If that happens, you will need to contact the ATO to claim it. For more information, visit the ATO website at

If you are a former temporary resident whose superannuation benefits is transferred to the ATO as unclaimed money, you will not be notified of this or receive an exit statement after the transfers occurs. We will rely on relief provided by the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) Class Order [CO 09/437] which says, in effect, that superannuation trustees are not obliged to meet certain disclosure requirements in relation to non-residents that have ceased to hold an interest in the fund as a result of the payment of unclaimed superannuation to the Commissioner of Taxation. If you require any further information, contact us on 1300 658 422.


What is divestment?

Put simply, divestment is the opposite of investment. It is the act of selling assets for moral, political or financial reasons.

Divestment is an effective tactic for influencing positive change. Famous examples include divestment from South Africa in the former era of apartheid, divestment of the Arms Trade, and Tobacco industry divestment.

Future Super is part of the fossil fuel divestment movement. Fossil fuel divestment is the process of selling off assets in companies that mine, process or burn fossil fuels. Future Super has also divested from companies that provide finance or services to the fossil fuel industry, such as Australia’s big four banks.

The fossil fuel divestment movement is dedicated to moving out of fossil fuel companies. This undermines the social licence of the industry by telling them that they are no longer welcome to continue operating.

As well as individuals divesting their personal finances, many different organisations have also committed to divest. These include universities, churches, city councils, philanthropic organisations, insurance companies, and huge sovereign wealth funds.

Find out more about the fossil free movement here at Go Fossil Free.

How do I find out how much exposure to fossil fuels my current super fund has?

To find out what your super fund’s exposure to fossil fuel investments is, you can look them up on SuperSwitch. SuperSwitch is an independent resource by non-profit group Market Forces to help people find out how their super is fuelling climate change. If they're not listed on here or have not disclosed their exposure, you can contact them directly.

Aside from fossil fuels, what other ethical screens does Future Super have?

We take a wholistic approach to investing that covers a wide range of ethical issues. We do not invest in companies or activities that cause social or environmental harm, such as detention centres, live animal export, tobacco, and armaments, to name a few. This is known as ‘negatively screening’ companies.

Further to this, we also seek out positive investments in industries that provide benefits for the environment, society and the economy. These investments include renewable energy and energy efficiency, water and resource conservation, healthcare, education, electric transport, green infrastructure and more. This is called ‘positive screening.’

Money is powerful, and we believe that applying both negative and positive ethical screens to the assets we consider investing in will provide us with an investment portfolio that will build a world free from climate change and inequality.

You can find out more about how we invest on our website.

How does divestment work?

Divestment serves two purposes. Firstly, divestment delegitimises those businesses that use the power of money to cause harm. For example, in countries where the fossil fuel industry has a firm hold on all parts of society (through political lobbying, the funding of policy think tanks, etc.), divestment erodes the industry's dominance and creates the space needed for change to happen.

Secondly, divestment is most effective when coupled with re-investment. At Future Super, it is our mission to ensure that our members’ money is building a future worth retiring into. By allowing our members to invest in line with their values, Future Super aims to fast track the transition away from coal and into a future free from climate change and inequality.


What is a clearing house?

A clearing house is an electronic gateway that allows you to make all your super contributions for all your employees in one single payment.

Please check out our Employers page to access our clearing house details. 


Can I make payment without registering as an employer?

No, unless you are paying through a clearing house.

Investments and returns

What does Future Super invest in?

When we launched in 2014, Future Super was the first super fund to not invest in fossil fuel companies and remains the only super fund to screen out diversified fossil fuel companies and companies providing significant services and financing to the fossil fuel industry. 

At Future Super we use a three-step process to ensure your money is invested in companies that can both grow your super savings and build a better world. You can see our strict ethical screens here

First, out with the bad: our negative screen rules out harmful and destructive industries like fossil fuels, detention centres, live animal export, nuclear, tobacco and more.

Second, in with the good: our positive screen ensures we actively seek out companies that are doing social and environmental good, such as renewable energy, healthcare, education and IT. You can view a full list of the companies we invest in here

Finally, our team look for positive industries like solar farms and other impact investments to add to the portfolio. Our renewable energy portfolio includes the Bald Hills Wind Farm in Victoria and the Lake Bonney battery in South Australia. 


What are Future Super's returns like?

Read about our most recent returns here

What investment options does Future Super have?

Future Super has three investment options: Balanced Index, Balanced Impact and Renewables Plus Growth.

If you’re unsure about whether one of these options is suitable for you, you should seek financial advice to ensure you are making an informed choice based on your own financial objectives, situation and needs.

What is a unit price?

Future Super is a unitised fund, which means that every time you make a contribution you are issued units in the fund. The unit price for all members of the fund (the value of a unit) is calculated every week day and changes based on the value of the assets the fund invests in, as well as the fees and taxes that are due. As the unit price fluctuates so too will your balance, as your balance is calculated as the number of units you hold multiplied by the unit price on any particular day. 


Where can I find out information about fees?

Each of our investment options have different fees. You can find out information about these fees on our website under each investment option. An overview of our investment options can be found here.

For a detailed breakdown of fees, how we apply them and more information on our services, please read the Product Disclosure Statement, Additional Information Booklet and the Financial Services Guide.

What are my fees paying for?

Like all super funds, Future Super needs to charge fees so that we can run our business and ensure that your money is having the most impact that it can. Fees pay for things like establishing and administering your account, investing your money, running our tech systems, and our wonderful Member Advocacy team.

Our members pay direct fees (also known as dollar-based fees), and percentage-based fees. All of our investment options have a direct administration fee of $1.80 per week, and percentage-based administration and investment fees, indirect costs and buy-sell spreads, that vary depending on which investment option you are invested in. Information about these fees is published on our website under each investment option, and on the investment option overview page.

Individual members may also pay direct activity fees, such as insurance premiums, if they elect to take up an optional benefit provided by the Fund, such as life insurance. 

Our members are the most important thing to us, and, as such, it is our intention to reduce our fees over time and as we grow.

For a detailed breakdown of fees, how we apply them and more information on our services, please read the Product Disclosure Statement, Additional Information Booklet and the Financial Services Guide.

Managing your account

I've changed my name. How do I update my personal details?

To change your name please send us a completed Change of Details form along with a certified copy of ID with your new name to: 

Future Super
PO Box 1282
Albury NSW 2640  

For more information on how to obtain a certified copy of your ID please see this article

How do I update my contact details?

You can update your residential address and mobile number via the Member Portal.

To update your email address, or other contact details, you can give our member advocacy team a call on 1300 658 422 or send us an email at

We will need to verify a few details for security purposes, such as your full name, member number and date of birth.   



Does Future Super offer insurance?

Future Super offers opt-in insurance. You can apply for cover for the following types of insurance: 

  • Death
  • Death & TPD, and
  • Income Protection

Death and Death & TPD cover helps provide you or your dependents (as applicable) with a lump sum payment in the event that you die, suffer a terminal illness, or you become totally and permanently disabled (where you have Death and TPD cover). 

Income Protection cover helps protect your income in the event you become partially disabled, totally disabled and a sickness or injury causes you to be unable to work and earn an income. 

Please read more about our insurance offerings and its terms and conditions by accessing our Insurance Guide, Product Disclosure Statement, Additional Information Booklet and Financial Services Guide.

When you first join Future Super you have 60 days to apply for our Easy Opt-In Default insurance via your Online Member Portal. This option is only available for Death and Death & TPD cover. This will provide a default amount of cover based on your age and type of work (see pages 17-22 of the Insurance Guide for more information). Please note, you will be required to have a balance first, before your Easy Opt-in Insurance begins. If your 60 days have expired, or if you wish to apply for Income Protection, get in touch with us at and our friendly team will help you organise a quote!  

If you currently hold insurance with a different super fund, you may be eligible to transfer your cover. Email us at to find out more. 

Note: Insurance is not available for pension account holders.

How do I apply for Insurance?

There are three ways you can apply for insurance with Future Super! 

  • Easy Opt-In Standard Insurance
  • Voluntary Insurance Application
  • Insurance Transfer

When you first join you have 60 days to apply for our Easy Opt-In Standard Insurance via your Online Member Portal. This option is only available for Death and Death & TPD cover. This will provide a default amount of cover based on your age and type of work subject to eligibility. 

If you are an existing member whose 60 days has expired or you wish to apply for Income Protection, you can apply through our Voluntary Insurance Application. This method is more lengthy but it does allow you to pick the amount of coverage for Death and Death & TPD that best suits you. With Income Protection, you can apply for a coverage amount of up to 75% of your pre-claim salary with a maximum  benefit period of 2 years (or until age 65 if earlier). You will also need to select an appropriate waiting period. To obtain a quote for Voluntary Cover, please contact

Finally, if you currently have insurance with an existing fund, you may be eligible to transfer this cover. To do this, you will need to fill in the transfer form and provide proof of cover that is no older than 30 days. Please note, your existing cover should be active at the time of transfer. Please contact for this form or for more information. 

You should read our Insurance Guide, Product Disclosure Statement and Additional Information Booklet before making any decisions relating to insurance with Future Super.

How are the premiums paid?

Insurance premiums are deducted monthly (in arrears) from the balance of your super. The premiums will be deducted automatically once your cover commences.

Standard cover commences on the later of the date your opt-in request is accepted by the Insurer and the date when your first super contribution (rollover, employer SG contribution or personal contribution) has been received by the Future Super.

For more information, please see our Insurance Guide.

How do I cancel or alter my insurance cover?

We require written confirmation for all cancellations. You can, at any time, cancel your cover by writing to us at and we will send you a confirmation letter when your insurance cover is ceased.

We also require written confirmation if you would like to decrease your cover amount. You can, at any time, decrease your cover by writing to us at and we will send you a confirmation letter when your new insurance cover is confirmed.

If you would like to increase your cover amount, you will be required to go through the underwriting process. You can send us an email at to obtain a quote or an application form.

For more information, please see our Insurance Guide. 


What is an Account-Based Pension?

An Account-Based Pension is a simple, single account for those who have met a condition of release and will no longer be making contributions to their super. You can receive flexible payments (subject to age-based minimums) on a timeline that suits you, and make lump sum withdrawals at any time.

Please read our Product Disclosure Statement and other important documents before deciding to open a pension fund. 

How much do I need to start a pension account?

A pension account needs an initial minimum investment of $20,000. This initial investment can be rolled over from your current super account, pension account or personal bank account. It’s important to remember that you can’t make further contributions once your pension account has been established.

At what age can I start a pension?

To open a pension account you will need to satisfy a condition of release.

To satisfy a condition of release, you will need to have: 

  • reached your preservation age and retired; OR
  • left a job since reaching age 60; OR 
  • reached age 65 (even if you haven't retired); OR
  • permanent incapacity

For more information about opening a pension, please read our Product Disclosure Statement.



Is there a minimum amount I need to withdraw each year from my pension?

Yes! Please see the below minimum annual pension payments. For more information about opening a pension, please read our Pension Product Disclosure Statement.

How do I join Future Super’s pension fund?


To set up a pension account you can submit a paper pension application form.

For all the important information needed to make an informed decision about joining the Future Super Pension Plan please read our Pension Product Disclosure Statement.

How does a pension work?

A Future Super pension account allows you to draw a regular income from your retirement savings while investing them in line with your values.

You can choose to get monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual payments and you can usually choose how much you receive (within the mandated minimums outlined in the Pension Product Disclosure Statement).


Who can I nominate as a binding beneficiary?


You can nominate a dependant or your legal personal representative as a binding beneficiary. If you nominate your Legal Personal Representative it is important that you have a valid Will and keep it up-to-date, as the Trustee may pay your death benefit to your estate.

Under superannuation law, your “dependants” include the following:

  • Your spouse (including a qualifying de-facto spouse of the same or opposite sex);
  • Your child (including a child of a spouse);
  • A person in an ‘interdependent relationship’ with you; or
  • Any other person who the Trustee considers was dependent on you for maintenance or support, at the date of your death.

Someone can be in an interdependent relationship with you if: you have a close personal relationship, you live together, one or each of you provides the other with financial support, and one or each of you provides the other with domestic support and personal care. Dependency can also arise where two people have a close personal relationship but don’t live together or provide each other with financial support or personal care because of physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability.

For more, see page 9 of our Additional Information Booklet.

How do I nominate a beneficiary?

Binding beneficiary

To nominate a binding beneficiary you must complete the Binding Nomination of Beneficiaries Form and send it to us at:  

Future Super
PO Box 1282
Albury NSW 2640

Non-binding beneficiary

To nominate a non-binding beneficiary you need to complete the Non-Binding Nomination of Beneficiaries Form. You can return it by email to, or send it in hard copy to: 

Future Super
PO Box 1282
Albury NSW 2640

Once it is processed it will appear in the 'view beneficiaries' section of your Member Portal


What is a beneficiary?

A beneficiary is someone you want to receive the money in your super account if you die. You can make a binding or non-binding nomination.


Difference between binding and non-binding nominations

A binding death benefit nomination is a written direction made by you to the Trustee that sets out the dependants and/or legal personal representative, as decided by you, who are to receive your benefit in the event of your death. So long as the binding death benefit nomination is valid, the Trustee is bound to follow it.

A non-binding death benefit nomination is a written request made by you that suggests to the Trustee the beneficiaries that may receive your benefit in the event of your death. The Trustee has the final say as to who should receive your death benefits. The Trustee will consider your nomination but is not bound to follow it. The Trustee has the discretion to pay to any one or more of your dependant(s) or legal personal representative(s) or a combination of both.

Contributions and payments to your super

Employer contributions & tax

Australian employers are required by Government legislation to make superannuation contributions for their eligible employees. These are called Employer Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions.

Generally, you’re entitled to super guarantee contributions from your employer if you’re 18 years old or over and earn more than $450 (before tax) per month. It doesn’t matter whether you’re full time, part time or casual, or if you’re a temporary resident of Australia.

If you’re under 18 years old, you must work more than 30 hours per week to be entitled to super contributions.

If you're a contractor, you may still be entitled to super from your employer. You can read more about super contributions for contractors here.

Your employer’s super contributions may be shown on your payslip but often employers will transfer this money to your super fund every 3 months.

Many people have multiple accounts, so it is important to tell your employer about your Future Super account if you want your employer’s contributions to be invested with us on your behalf.

Contributions made by your employer (including salary sacrifice) are taxed at 15%. As this rate is lower than most people’s marginal income tax rate, these contributions are called Concessional Contributions.

Read more about contributions tax here.


How do I get my employer to pay contributions to Future Super?

When you join Future Super we’ll send you an email which you can forward to your employer. It will have all the details to help them make payments to your account.

If you’re already a member and have just switched jobs, simply pass on our Standard Choice Form and General Compliance Certificate, and direct them to our Employer Hub.

They may need our USI (45 960 194 277 010), ABN (45 960 194 277) and your member number to pay super contributions to your account.

I’m self-employed. How do I make contributions?

To contribute to your super as a self-employed person, simply:

  1. Submit the online Personal Contribution Form from your Member Portal. This allows our administrators to allocate your payment into your account, as all payments go into the one bank account. Alternatively, you can submit our downloadable Personal Contribution Form.
  2. Transfer the money to us using the bank account or BPAY details in the personal contributions form. You can either pay using BPAY or direct deposit if you're paying from an Australian bank account. 

To claim your personal contributions for tax purposes, you need to complete the Notice of intent to claim or vary a deduction for personal super contributions form. You'll need to do this once per financial year for all the contributions during that financial year.

You have one year from the end of the relevant financial year within which to submit your notice of intent.

For more information, this blog article contains a handy guide to making personal contributions to your Future Super account. 

Does Future Super allow salary sacrifice contributions?

Yes. You need to organise salary sacrifice contributions directly with your employer. They will likely pay your salary sacrifice when they make your regular super guarantee contributions.

How much superannuation is my employer required to pay?

Employer Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions are presently 9.5% of a person’s ordinary time earnings (subject to a maximum dollar limit).

Some employers pay more than the minimum 9.5% but its not allowable for employers to pay less than this. 

You can read more about employer contributions here

Concessional and non-concessional contributions

Non-concessional contributions

Non-concessional contributions are able to be made to your account from your after-tax income and are not taxed when entering the fund. 

There is a non-concessional contribution cap of $100,000 per financial year. You can read more here.

Concessional contributions

Concessional contributions are taxed at a 15% rate and are made to your account from pre-tax income. These contributions include those made by employers from your pre-tax income and self-employed people who may wish to make contributions from their pre-tax income and claim a tax deduction for those contributions. Members of other types of employment can also make personal concessional contributions.

The general concessional contributions cap is $25,000 per financial year. You can read more here.

My employer requires a letter from you stating that you are a complying fund and able to accept employer contributions. What is this?

To be able to pay super contributions on your behalf, your employer may ask you to provide a letter from us stating that we are a complying fund and that we can accept employer contributions. This document is also known as the General Compliance Certificate. 

Our General Compliance Certificate contains all the fund details which your employer may need to set up superannuation contribution payments. 

This certificate can be found on the Forms page and on the Employer section of our website.

Why is tax taken from my account?

The super contributions your employer makes from your before-tax income (concessional contributions) are taxed at 15% by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO). 

This tax component is displayed in your transaction history as 'Contributions Tax' and is sent to the ATO by Future Super regularly.  

Note - If you exceed the concessional contributions cap of $25,000 in a financial year, the excess will be taxed at the top marginal tax rate. Read more about excess contributions tax here.

The super contributions you make after-tax (non-concessional) are not subject to tax unless you exceed the cap of $100,000 in a financial year. If you exceed the cap the excess will be taxed at the top marginal tax rate.  

For more information on how super contributions are taxed please see the ATO's website.



How do I make personal contributions to my account?

You can make additional contributions to your super account by completing the online personal contribution form available in the Member Portal and then making a payment via direct transfer or BPAY.

Your personal payment details (like your BPAY reference number) will be provided to you as once you complete the form.

Note - An annual contribution cap applies to personal contributions, and if you breach this cap, you may be required to pay additional tax. 

For more information, this blog article contains a handy guide to making personal contributions to your Future Super account. 

My employer is having trouble contributing to Future Super. What can I do?

First, you may wish to double check your employer has all the correct details. This includes:

  • Your member number (you find this by logging into your member portal, in your welcome email, or on your member statement)
  • Fund name: Future Super or Future Super Fund
  • ABN: 45 960 194 277
  • USI: 45 960 194 277 010

This information can be found in our Employer Hub

You may also wish to check how they pay super contributions. If they are making the payment via BPay or Direct Deposit, we require remittance advice to be able to allocate your contributions to your account. Your employer can submit this information via our Employer Hub.

If your employer is still having trouble contributing to Future Super, they can get in touch with us directly by callings us on 1300 658 422 or emailing us at

Can I contribute to my super account if I'm over 65?

Your Employer will be able to make Superannuation Guarantee (SG) contributions into your super fund for as long as you remain working and earn more than $450 (before tax) per month. 

If you are between 65 - 74 years old and wish to make additional voluntary contributions, you will need to satisfy the work test or work test exemption.

Note - For the 2020-21 financial year onwards, this applies if you are 67–74 years old.

What is the Downsizer contribution?

If you are aged 65 or over and have recently sold your home, you may be able to make a voluntary super contribution of up to $300,000 from the proceeds of sale.

Downsizer contributions do not count towards contribution caps and you will not need to meet the work test. 

However, Downsizer contributions do count toward the $1.6m transfer balance cap for transferring super into the retirement phase.

YThere are a number of requirements to assess your eligibility for the Downsizer contribution. You can read more about the eligibility requirements on the ATO website here.

Does my employer have to make super contributions if I'm under 18?

If you are under 18, you generally have to work more than 30 hours per week and earn more than $450 (before tax) per month to be entitled to super contributions.

Member portal instructions

How do I check up on my account?

You can view your account online anytime via the member portal. You can also call 1300 658 422 or email with any questions.

Where can I find my member statement?

By checking the forms and documents section of your member portal, you will be able to see all previous audited annual member statements. Member statements are audited and distributed after the end of each financial year (after June 30th) and members will be notified once they are available. 

I can't log in to the Member Portal. What do I do?

You can log in using your member number, email or phone number. If you cannot log in on one browser try using a different browser (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.). 

You can also reset your password on the login page. Through this page, you can also activate your account if it hasn't had a password set. 

If you still cannot access your account, send us an email at or give us a ring on 1300 658 422.




How do I join Future Super?

The easiest way to join Future Super is through our online join form. It takes just a couple of minutes. You can also join over the phone on 1300 658 422.

For all the important information needed to make an informed decision about joining Future Super please read our Product Disclosure Statement and the Additional Information Booklet.

How do I find my Tax File Number?

If you don't know your Tax File Number, you might be able to find it by:

  • Looking at your income tax notice of assessment or other letters from the ATO
  • Looking at a payment summary (provided by your employer)
  • If you have a myGov account linked to the ATO, you can access your TFN online

If you still can't find it, phone the ATO on 13 28 61, 8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Withdrawing from your super

Can I access my super under the First Home Super Saver scheme?

We do participate in the First Home Super Saver Scheme. This means that voluntary contributions made after 1 July 2017 may be released from 1 July 2018. Members can save up to $15,000 per year in this way and can withdraw a maximum of $30,000.

You can make personal contributions by arranging a salary sacrifice arrangement with your employer, or by making personal contributions via your member portal. Please note that the amount you are eligible to withdraw is assessed by the ATO and any questions about applying for FHSS should be directed to them. 

Please see this link to the ATO's website for more information.  

Please note, Super Guarantee (SG), Spouse Contributions and Government co-contributions cannot be released under this scheme.

When can I access my super?

Super is intended to fund your retirement, so you can generally only access it once you have retired from working and have met a condition of release. To satisfy a condition of release you will need to meet one of the following:

  • Reach preservation age and retire permanently from the workforce
  • Leave your employer after turning 60
  • Be 65 or older

There are some additional conditions that allow for early release of super

How do I access my super due to financial hardship?

If you are finding that you are unable to meet immediate family living expenses, and you have outstanding debts, you may be able to access some of your super due to severe financial hardship. 

For more information about eligibility and how to apply, please see our information sheet here. 

For information about accessing your super early, please click here


Can I access my super early?

Superannuation is designed to help you save for retirement, however, there are some limited circumstances where you may be able to access your super early. 

For more information, please see the ATO website.



What is a condition of release?

To withdraw some or all of your superannuation, you will need to satisfy a condition of release. 

To satisfy a condition of release, you will need to have either: 

  • reached your preservation age and retired
  • left a job since reaching age 60 or;
  • reached age 65 (even if you haven't retired)

Generally you will need to have reached your preservation age before satisfying a condition of release. There are a limited exceptions, including:

  • permanent incapacity
  • temporary incapacity
  • severe financial hardship
  • compassionate grounds
  • terminal medical condition
  • First home super saver scheme (FHSSS)
  • Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP)

If you believe that any of the above apply to you, please see our section on early release of super. 



What is my preservation age?

You can find out your preservation age here.


How can I certify my ID?

To certify your ID, you will need to scan and print a copy of photo ID, like your passport or drivers licence. You will then need to get the copy certified by an authorised person.

Please see the following list of people who can certify your ID:

  • Police Officer
  • A Registered Justice of the Peace
  • A permanent Postal Services Officer with 2 or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public
  • An authorised representative of an Australian financial services license having 2 or more years of continuous service with one or more licensees
  • A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with 2 or more years of continuous membership
  • A registrar or a deputy registrar of a court
  • A Notary Public Officer or a Commissioner of Declarations

You must have the copy of your identification document(s) certified as being a true copy of the original document(s). The person who is authorised to certify documents must sight the original and the copy to make sure both documents are identical, then make sure all pages have been certified as true copies by writing or stamping 'certified true copy of the original' followed by their signature, printed name, occupation, contact number and date. 

Please also note the certification has to be on the same page as the copy of the document, for example it cannot be on the back of the document.

Ready to change the future?

Join the Future Super movement today.

Join now

Already a member? Sign in here