BabyBump is a refund of the annual dollar-based administration fee for the time you’re on parental leave, up to a maximum of 12 months ($93.60).
We created BabyBump for two reasons:
- Employers don't have to pay super when you take parental leave, and
- Dads are less likely to take parental leave than mums
These two factors contribute to the startling gender inequality in super - that, on average, women retire with 47% less super than men, and mothers a whopping 60% less than fathers.
So BabyBump is Future Super’s baby step towards making super more fair for our members.
You may be eligible for the BabyBump fee refund if:
- You are a Future Super member
- A new child entered into your care within the past 18 months, whether by birth or adoption
- You have taken parental leave or left work to care for your new child
To confirm eligibility, we do require some paperwork to confirm the birth or adoption of your new child. You can provide this documentation after submitting your BabyBump application below.
A BabyBump application should be submitted when you return to work after parental leave (or start working more than 10 hours per week).
Making the switch to full-time parent? You can still apply! If you're not returning to work or planning to work more than 10 hours per week, apply for the full BabyBump refund after the child has been in your care for 12 months.
Please note that BabyBump applications must be received within 18 months of your new child's birth or adoption.